- This event has passed.
Seek the Peak Hike
July 22, 2017
As the largest annual fundraiser of the nonprofit Mount Washington Observatory, Seek the Peak welcomes hikers of all ages and abilities to Mount Washington and its neighboring peaks and places of interest in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire.
We invite you to participate and to Seek YOUR Peak… While many hikers will choose the challenge of summiting Mount Washington, others will opt for alternative mountain treks, or may even prefer a short “nature hike.” Some may just want to support the Observatory as “virtual hikers,” or simply join for the weekend festivities.
Come explore the White Mountain trails, and join us in the festivities including:
- Kick-Off Party and Registration at the Weather Discovery Center in North Conway
- Observatory Weather Station tours on the summit of Mount Washington
- An Expo featuring premier sponsors Eastern Mountain Sports and Vasque along with several other vendors showcasing and giving away prizes
- The famous After Party including a massive gear giveaway, & dinner
- All while supporting the non-profit Mount Washington Observatory with pledges which in turn will earn you prizes!
Since Seek the Peak was established in 2001, this great event has raised over $1.6 million for the nonprofit Observatory, helping it maintain its famous weather station on the summit of Mount Washington and continue its important work collecting weather data, performing research, and educating the public about the science of climate and weather.