Savor the Flavors of New Hampshire’s Grand North
There may be no better way to get to know a region than through its foods. Visitors dining in northern New Hampshire’s restaurants have long appreciated the variety of regional foods that are rooted in the area’s history, like Native Americans’ use of maple sap, and the focus on local game, fish and wild greens to prepare the tastiest of dishes. Now, home cooks can sample a “Taste of New Hampshire’s Grand North” https://www.nhgrand.com/flavor-recipe-book/ in a free, downloadable recipe book.
Produced by New Hampshire Grand, the cookbook is a compilation of 22 recipes contributed by the region’s dining establishments, attractions and activities that feature delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes that highlight the Grand North’s tastes and traditions.
“We wanted to share some of the special foods that reflect this extraordinary region of towering mountains, crystalline lakes, abundant wildlife, myriad activities, and traditions that stretch across generations,” says NH Grand Marketing Manager Katelyn White. “We are grateful to our partner businesses and organizations which have contributed a sampling of their favorite recipes. All are easily replicated in home kitchens. So, download a copy today, get cooking, and savor the wonderful flavors of the region!”
The cookbook is organized into categories for beverages, appetizers, entrees, and desserts for easy use. The variety of recipes will satisfy hearty appetites, those who have a sweet tooth, snackers, and cooks looking for family-pleasing meals. The full-color recipe book also includes a participant’s map and links to their websites.
A sampling of the recipes:
- Maple syrup stars in a festive Maple Margarita from Fuller’s Sugarhouse and a savory Maple Teriyaki marinade from The Rocks Estate.
- Northern New Hampshire’s iconic moose is featured in Gorham Moose Tours’ Chocolate Moose Cookies and a hearty Moose Chili from North Country Chamber of Commerce.
- Springtime is fiddlehead season, and Ride the Wilds serves up its recipe for Sautéed Fiddlehead Ferns with Parsley & Garlic.
- Always wanted to try wild game? Check out the Mt. View Grand Resort & Spa’s tasty Venison recipe or Northwood’s Grouse, as prepared by Lopstick.
- Breakfast fans will enjoy the Appalachian Mountain Club High Huts’ Honey Oatmeal Bread or Team O’Neil Rally School’s Rallyberry Coffee Cake, chock full of rallyberries (aka blueberries).
- And who can resist the Jericho ATV Festival’s Dirt Cake!
Contributors include Appalachian Mountain Club, Bear Rock Adventures, Lopstick, Carlson’s Lodge, Colebrook Country Club, Fuller’s Sugarhouse, Gorham Moose Tours, Jericho ATV Festival, Lancaster Historical Society, Mount Washington Auto Road & Great Glen Trails, Mount Washington Cog Railway, Mountain View Grand Resort and Spa, North Country Chamber of Commerce, Omni Mount Washington Resort, Rainbow Grille and Tavern, Ride the Wilds, RiverFire, The Rock’s Estate, Santa’s Village, Tall Timber Lodge, Team O’Neil Rally School and Wingzilla.